Moodle™ and Teams together
– with the mConnect app by Skooler
Seamlessly integrates the powerful Moodle LMS with Teams collaborative tools
15:00 – 16:00 GMT+1
Use Moodle™ to organize your courses and Microsoft Teams for collaboration, teamwork and availability
In learning institutions where Moodle™ and Teams are both important parts of the strategy for the virtual learning and working environment, The mConnect app by Skooler unites the two.
One deeply integrated virtual learning and working environment:
- Moodle™ (Learning): Work with courses in Moodle™, as before.
- Microsoft Teams (Collaboration): Extend with collaboration functionality and get access to thousands of 3rd party Teams apps.
- Microsoft 365 (Productivity): Get deep integration with Word, Power Point, Excel cloud and desktop applications.
The mConnect app creates a seamless experience for the end-user, working in Moodle™ and with all Teams feature in one single application.
The mConnect app allows Moodle™ administrators to automatically set up a Team for every Moodle™ course, making all functionality offered through Teams instantly available for every course in Moodle™.
The mConnect app is the official app from Microsoft to connect Moodle™ into Teams. The app is developed and supported by Skooler, a long-standing trusted Microsoft Gold Partner in Education.
Free for everyone
Our app is free to download, free to install and free to use – for as long as you want. We have a mission to share the best learning tool and make it available for everyone. The free version is made with love and ease-of-use in mind. Download it from the Teams app store today.
Moodle™ Learning Teams Collaboration Microsoft 365 Productivity
Log in to Teams for automatic access to Moodle™ with single sign on (SSO). Multiple sign-in and authentication methods are supported.
Improve communication, productivity, and teamwork by integrating tools like chat, documents, shared files, and online meetings in a single user interface.
Access Moodle™ courses, topics, assignments, and calendar all from within Teams channels. And, stay organized with Learning Tabs, collaborative spaces for your class or any type of collaborative group.
Be in control
Save time and headaches with Controls, which lets approved admins create course teams in bulk, set permissions for each team, and give greater flexibility to lecturers as needed.
”We appreciate all the support that you have provided.” ( Adult Education Wolverhampton)
”We will be using Teams in both online and offline environment to assist in our project-blended learning class. The mConnect app will be very useful in organizing class activities.” (KDI School )
”We are impressed by the usability of the app.”
(Overt Software )
“Just when we need an answer to teaching and learning online the most, Skooler provided the solution. The integration is so easy and intuitive to use and give the best of both worlds without having to compromise.” ( Leeds Trinity)
- Out of the box available in Teams app store
- Single sign-on with OpenID Connect
- Runs side by side with OneDrive, Outlook, calls, chats etc
- Your Moodle™ course created as a Team
- Choose any Team and invite your users (students)
- Your topics and assignments available in Teams
- See your Moodle™ course feed in Teams
- Moodle™ course calendar in Teams tab
- Customize your team with Tabs
- Define templates how Teams are created
- Create a Moodle™ topic as a channel in Teams
- Bulk-create Teams for each Moodle™ course as admin
- Create Teams with file upload of Moodle™ course-ID
Seeing is believing….App overview
Seeing is believing….App overview
Seeing is believing….App overview
You have the freedom to complete the onboarding and configuration of our app by following our comprehensive how-to instructions. We have made it as easy as it can get – all you need is to have Microsoft 365 and Moodle™ experts available.
Managed by Skooler
We know that you want to focus on your core business and all your day to day activities. That’s why we give you the comfort of having the onboarding managed by Skooler. In the onboarding we focus on being proactive, have well-defined areas of responsibility and be stand-by when you go live with the app.
Upgrade to Premium
If there is one thing that is for sure, it is that education has changed and will continue to change in the coming years. That’s why Skooler is committed to constantly improve our services so you will never be left behind when change happen!
Upgrade to a Service License Agreement and receive:
- 24/5 support with guaranteed response time
- Access to all future releases of the app
- Community membership
- Possibility to give input to new features
- Customization of the app
- Integration to external software
- Notification in case of unplanned downtime
- Guaranteed uptime with refund penalties
- Real-time update of new members of a Team instead of weekly
- Archive of Teams based on course settings in Moodle™
- Document the required permissions and the reasons for it for Moodle™
- Document the required permissions and the reasons for it for Microsoft 365
Upgrade with a support license Agreement (SLA)
SPECIAL OFFER: Sign up for a 1-year SLA contract in November and get the rest of the year for FREE and FREE Managed Onboarding (valued at $2,500)
SLA includes the following unique benefits:
• 24/5 support with guaranteed response time of 2 hours (5 days for free version)
• Access to all future paid releases of the app at no extra cost
• Community membership with the possibility to give your input to new features
• Customization of the app and integration to external software
• Notification in case of unplanned downtime
• Guaranteed uptime with refund penalties (no refund rights for free version)
• Dynamic synchronization of members from Moodle to the course’s team (instead of weekly for the free app)
• Students removed from a course in Moodle also dynamically removed in Teams (must be removed manually in free version)
• Document the required permissions and the reasons for it for Moodle
• Document the required permissions and the reasons for it for Office365
• Customized granulated permissions possible in Azure
Join our Partnership Program
We are committed to supporting the Moodle™ community and welcome all Moodle™ partners and others who are hosting Moodle™ for its customers to join the mConnect app Partnership Program.
Partnership Program benefits:
- Grow and protect your Moodle™ business and customer base
- Receive leads from Skooler
- Resell licenses with a profit as a new important product
- No need for up-front payments or investments
- Increase your revenue on installation and configuration
- Invoice your customers and strengthen your relationships
- Ride the trend of collaboration
Fill in the form below and Skooler’s Partner Manager will contact you shortly with more information.
Contact Us and let us help you get started
Start your onboarding
Read the full onboarding HOW TO.
Teams App Store
Get the mConnect app.
Get Started Guide
Watch a quick get started video.
Here to help…
Thomas Andre Molvig leads Skooler’s consultant and advisory operations for colleges and universities to spark engagement on collaboration, efficiency and teamwork. He oversees the ongoing expansion and implementation of the mConnect app by Skooler.
In his previous work experience, he managed two mobile companies on the African continent and experienced first-hand that education is life-changing when hiring and managing staff. A father of three young children, he has experienced the complex environment of poor collaboration in schools amongst various platforms. For the sake of his own kids and everybody pursuing an education, he has taken on the task to improve the learning environment for teachers and students to make the experience easy, efficient and rewarding.
For more information, email email@example.com